PGM



This is an old drawing from college. I had the opportunity to visit Pacific Garden Mission several times while in college. During a particular visit I had seen an individual on the streets who was huddled into a corner with newspaper scrunched in around his head. Obviously he represented a large population of homeless individuals who for a variety of reasons find themselves wandering the streets of Chicago.

Recently I came across Matthew 25:41-46 which provides a glimpse into the end times where Christ will stand as Judge pronouncing condemnation upon those who failed to serve the 'least of these' and consequently failed to serve Christ.

Now I don't want to leave it there. Also, I have been reading in Luke 7 where Christ is fulfilling the New Covenant by meeting the physical and spiritual needs of people. He is healing. He is raising the dead. He is forgiving sin.

The Prototype of the New Covenant is teaching us well. The picture that I drew shows a hand presenting a Bible which is to say that 'Christ is our only hope'. However, I wish I had incorporated a symbol of physical help as well. The New Covenant did not simply usher in spiritual healing but also physical healing through Jesus.

We should be looking to participate in a foretaste of the spiritual and physical restoration that will one day be completely known providing a glorious cause for worship to the One who will make all things new.