Thanksgiving with Trinity Joy!


Psalm 145 has been an immense blessing while we have spent a couple sleepless nights at the hospital.

"I will extol you, my God and King and bless your name forever and ever. Everyday I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised and his greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts. On the glorious splendor of your majesty and on your wondrous works I will meditate. They shall speak of the might of your awesome deeds and I will declare your greatness. They shall pour forth the fame of your abundant goodness and shall sing aloud of your righteousness."

Being apart of an extended family that has put the fame of God on display by speaking of the wonders of God from one generation to another, I now find myself with great responsibility to lead a family in doing the same. God be praised for a family that has demonstrated to me what that looks like. I hope do the same by falling in debt to grace. God is ultimately the one who puts himself on display because he loves who he is. Therefore I rest in his empowering grace to point my family to the greatness of God which is unsearchable.

Trinity Joy was born November 25, 2008 at 5 am. being 5 lbs. and 14 ounces. I have reason to extol my God and King! ... for a wonderful wife!... and now a new baby girl ... and even for random nurses that hear Chris Tomlin playin' on our computer and are willing to sing along and then to lovingly pray over inexperienced parents... I didn't know what to say to that nurse - I was so surprised at her Christlikeness... I was so surprised at her love. I sat there thinking I have just unexpectedly experienced the love of Christ. My God, my King is good!