Humility: The Beauty of Holiness

"His service is our highest liberty - the liberty from sin and self" -Andrew Murray

Recently I finished this book and I am going to read it one more time. Very few books that I have read make me more aware of my sin. What a means of grace! It was as if the Spirit used this book to pull back the veil of my heart providing a glimpse into the dark chasm of my inability. Of course, this is an inability to operate outside of motivations for self. "But God, who is rich in mercy, because of his great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ..." The theme which is articulated throughout this book is an awareness our inability and an awareness of Christ's ability. As we have been brought into union with Christ we share in the his death - a death to self- and we share in his life - a life to God. It is a union which reaches to the farthest recesses of this dark chasm and causes light to shine out of darkness. My reckless inability satisfied in Christ! It's time to start reading...again.