A Moment with 'The Gospel Primer'


"...if Christians would do more preaching of the gospel to themselves,non-Christians might have less trouble comprehending its message, for they would see its truth and power exuding from believer in indisputable ways."

Recently, I am becoming more aware of our need to name our sins specifically. Generalizations such as lust, pride or laziness generalize the gospel. In doing so the potency of the gospel is lost and the multifaceted nature of the gospel is glazed over.

As I become aware of my sin by the Spirit's illumining grace, I am asking Him to help me name my sin specifically. But I would be amiss to leave it there. I am also asking Him to awakened my eyes to see the gospel's expulsive counterpart to my sin. With an awareness of a particular sin and the specific couterpart of the gospel, I am prepared to preach to myself. It is herein that a fresh experience of the gospel often takes place.

Have you named your sin and have you been struck afresh by the gospel today?